May 16, 2014

BLOGGIN' BLUES

First off, I just wanted to apologize to those that read my blog for not writing more or trying harder to create the best content for you all. I became busy with school (I just finished by Senior year of college). It never changes. There are always the slew of the end of the year deadlines for papers, presentations, and finals that you can never 100% prepare yourself for. During the end of the year chaos I was moving from my old apartment to a new one since sadly I did not graduate on time. I feared I would have to do everything alone, but luckily my boyfriend flew in to help me, and was pretty much my knight in shinning armor. My parents live in Europe so it's difficult for them to help me with these types of things, especially since after I'm done with finals I fly straight home.

Secondly, I don't want this blog post to come off as me complaining. I'm afraid it's starting to sound whiny. I only want to write in the best of spirits because I would like my writing to reflect my mood, and show my excitement for you all.

I heard the blogging blues (I renamed bloggin' blues)  is a pretty common occurrence. Since I am new to the blogging world this is not something I've experienced before. Basically, my passion for the blog took a downward turn. I want to make the best content for my readers, but felt like I wasn't able to do so. There are so many excuses you create for yourself like I need a better camera to create these professional pictures I see other bloggers have, I have to have the best material to write about, I need to live this exciting life to blog about...and so on and so on. For years I've been reading these amazing blogs, and have always wanted to put my two cents in about fashion, beauty, and all of the things that inspire me. When I finally got my turn I wondered how I was going to live up to these other amazing blogs that are read by thousands since there are so many blogs out there. You write and create these posts, but wonder if anyone is actually reading them. Sometimes, it's hard to write to a computer and receive little or no feedback. It makes one think why am I even doing this if nobody is reading my blog. But, sometime you have to pull yourself out of the slump, and just write. You have to remind yourself of why you started your blog, and that all of those other bloggers started somewhere. You can't have an instant following or instant interaction with your viewers.

Even if nobody is reading this, and I am just writing to myself  (which is quite possible) I am going to do my best to write. I started this blog because I was excited to see the journey it would take me on, and any new opportunities that would come from creating this material. The blogs I've been reading for years, I've seen the creators start from the bottom and now have such wonderful opportunities to do what they love in an interesting way. I wanted a piece of that. Not the recognition necessarily (though that's always an added bonus), but more the chance to do what I love that I might not have otherwise had, and interact with viewers who share a similar passion.

Not so shortly put, I hope you all understand where I am coming from. I promise to try harder in the future to keep this blog up to date, and create interesting content. I hope to do more OOTD posts since I am home with my family for the summer. My mother is my photographer, and there are so many beautiful backdrops at home that I'd love to share. This might have been a little bit of a rant, but let's get back to blogging!

 photo Untitledghghghghghghghgjpg_zps73b427eb.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment