May 23, 2014

WHEN IN ZURICH...?



For those of you that may not know I have called my Zurich, Switzerland my home for the last six years, and whenever my family leaves I will forever leave a piece of my heart here. I currently don't live in Zurich as I go to college in the states, but I come back for all school breaks. Since, I am here for my last free summer before I start working in the "real world" (I'm going back to school for my final semester this fall, and it doesn't seem real) I want to give all of you the chance to see this city with me.


This type of expat/nomad community I've lived most of my life is an interesting one that I would never trade for anything. I have had some amazing experiences, become such a unique person, and of course have pretty amazing stories from growing up that almost don't seem real. It can be heard at times when you have to leave places you weren't ready to leave or when close friends come in and out of your life. It can be hard trying to adapt to new places so quickly, and explaining your life to those outside of this lifestyle because it is difficult to understand. It's the nomad life, as I call it. And sometimes it makes you realize how truly small our world is when I meet people who I've been to school with in other countries or who know friends from previous international schools. All in all, I couldn't have imagined a more interesting way to grow up, and I hope the same for my children (one day). As always a small rant that might have only made sense to me...If you want to know any information about where to dine, things to see, shopping, the night life, or what it's like to live in Switzerland let me know. I'd be happy to share what I've learned over these past six years with all of you about one of my favorite cities.




 photo Untitledghghghghghghghgjpg_zps73b427eb.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment