Jul 2, 2014

CHEERS TO HEALTH



This is not going to be a post about juicing for one week and eating nothing but...that's something I could never do. Cheers to those who have because it's hard work. I just happen to love my food too much. However, I do believe in eating healthy when possible. In our hectic schedules it can be easy to forget the age old concept of eating 5 fruits and veggies a day. I'll be honest, there have been times when at the end of the day I'll realize I may have only had one fruit that day. I'm more of a veggies girl. I won't go into all of the amazing benefits from eating your veggies and fruits. I'm sure we all know how great it is for us to eat healthy. 

I found juicing can be that "extra treat", and can also help me get in my fruit for the day. I try to keep my juices as clean as possible. Just meaning usually only fruits and maybe a dash of agave honey for sweetness. Feel free to add whatever you would prefer whether it's fruit juice, veggies, sugar, milk, protein powder....the list is endless. I just happen to have these fruits around my home and decided to create two juice recipes that are simple to make and good to drink.

I will warn you though, juicing everyday can be quite expensive. You'd be surprised how much fruit you need to make one juice. It can also be a pain in the "you know what" from chopping the fruits, cleaning up of your counters and then finally cleaning the machine. Which is why I do these juices more as a treat. But if you are more patient than I am I say more power to you! 


All pictures shown were a serving for 1 person

(Serves 2 people or 2 times)

Recipe #1:
5 bananas 
500 grams of blueberries 
2-3 apples (depending on taste)



Recipe #2:
1 1/2 Melon (I used a Galia Melon)
4 Mangoes
1-2 Limes
1-2 tbsp Agave Honey (depending on taste)

If you do not like a citrus taste as much I would add one banana to the recipe, which would even out the taste and thicken up the juice. 



The juices taste the best once they have been sitting in the fridge for a bit. If you prefer to have juice only in the morning these can easily be made the night before and left in the fridge for the next day. I have two tips for making juices: 1) Buy/Use more fruit than you think you need  2)Ripe or even overripe fruit is always the best to use.

What kind of fruit/veggies combinations do you prefer in a juice? If anyone tries to make these recipes let me know how you enjoyed them! Cheers 


 photo Untitledghghghghghghghgjpg_zps73b427eb.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment