Jan 13, 2014

Everyday Makeup Routine



Everyday Makeup Routine









I'm not going to lie...I don't wear makeup everyday. I'm in college and it's probably the only time in my life when it's socially acceptable to do so. When I do wear makeup I generally prefer a more natural look. On the weekends I play with my makeup more, but I don't like to look like I have pounds of makeup on. Here is what I would usually wear on the days I want to look more put together.


1. Great Lash Clear Mascara - A MUST HAVE used for my eyebrows. I like to say I have crazy eyebrows (don't stay in place and never fully filled out). If there was one make up product I could take to a desert island it would be this as eyebrows set the face and make me feel put together. 

2. Covergirl Eye-Enchancers Shadow in Fard Accent - Recently picked up this eye shadow, and now use it everyday as an all over shadow. The color comes out as a lighter version of MAC satin taupe.

3. Benefit Watt's Up Highlighter - To me highlighters are a must on the cheekbones as they do just what they say...highlight. It creates a beautiful glow to my cheekbones that I need since I have dry skin. 

4. Wet N Wild Idol Eyes pencil in 103 - Used in my inner corner to brighten up my eyes.

5. NYX Cream Blush in Glow - NYX has my favorite drugstore blushes. The price is great and the quality is comparable to higher end blushes I've used in the past. I prefer cream blushes for everyday as they have a dewy look (I have dry skin so I'll take all the dewiness I can get).
*Tip: To make powder blush last all day add a cream blush underneath it

6. Covergirl Lipstick in Delight - A very moisturizing lipstick that is a "your lip color but better"
* Lipstick changes for me daily. I just happened to use this lipstick today, but I generally go for pink and berry colors

7. MAC Eye Shadow in Mulch -  Used as a crease color. I love the dimension that a crease colors add, and now is a must for me in my makeup routine. 

8. NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in Sunny - I have heard a lot of hype about this product on Youtube and decided to buy it. A great product that is well-milled, and offers a natural color (No orange or muddiness). 

9. Georgio Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara - My new favorite mascara. The packaging is so luxury and the mascara offers volume with no clumps. I also hate very wet formulas, and I do not find that problem with this mascara. 

10. Maybelline FIT Me Powder 220 - I know I said I have dry skin...I do, but for some reason I have an oily forehead. I lightly dust this on my forehead to reduce shine. 

11. MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW 20 - This is my winter color. I love the color range MAC offers for their concealers. It can cover most blemishes without looking too fake, and lasts throughout the wear of my makeup. 

12. Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation in Petal - I am in LOVE with this foundation. It is accessible, a decent price at $36, medium coverage with a satin finish (my favorite), and no strong smell. The foundation lasts and doesn't melt off my face...Have you ever had that issue with some foundations? 

To make my makeup last longer I use Smashbox Photo Finish Primer under my makeup, which does the trick.



Excuse the Crazy Brows

Shirt- Zara
Necklace- JCrew
Earrings- Bauble Bar






No comments:

Post a Comment