Mar 7, 2014

JEWELS JEWELS JEWELS

I think in our day and age the term "statement necklace" has become a staple in every woman's wardrobe. I still do appreciate more delicate jewelry for everyday, but there is something about a statement necklace that can TRANSFORM  any outfit. They can even be used as decorative pieces in your room/closet when you aren't wearing them. Mine personally sit on my dresser, and add that boutique touch every girl tries to have. They're multipurposed so it gives you more reason to justify the purchase!

I have found that it can take time to find the perfect statement necklace. I look for pieces that have that something extra, look well made even if they are bought on the cheap, and can be used with multiple outfits. I try to not buy too on trend with statement necklaces because I want my jewelry to last, and I don't want to look at a picture where I can tell that is "so 2013." Even though statement necklaces are considered a trend, I have a feeling they are here to stay for awhile. 

One of my favorite shops to find statement necklaces is J Crew. Though the price tag is a bit higher, the jewelry is very well made and they have mastered the fine line between on trend and classic perfectly. If you are worried about the J Crew price tag there are sales often, and in the store you receive 15% off with a student ID. If that still is a little too steep for you then try J Crew Factory. 

I often find that etsy.com has unique items, and even great replicas of popular jewelry. When the bubble necklace came out, etsy had perfect copies of the infamous J Crew necklace for a fraction of the price. 


Here are some of favorite statement necklaces from my collection:

Shirt: Benetton  Necklace: Etsy 




Shirt: Bluetique  Necklace: Etsy




Shirt: Tobi  Necklace: Accessorize 



Shirt: J Crew  Necklace: J Crew



Sweater: J Crew  Necklace: J Crew



How do you wear your favorite statement necklaces?








No comments:

Post a Comment